Microsoft OVS-ES Agreement for Schools
The Microsoft Open Value Subscription Agreement for Education Solutions (OVS-ES Agreement) is designed for any educational establishments with a Full Time Equivalent (FTE) employees count of less than 1,000.
The Microsoft OVS-ES Agreement (or Open Value Subscription Agreement for Education Solutions) provides Schools with:
- An affordable volume based price (count staff rather than devices) and rights to use the latest enterprise software products including Microsoft Office 2016, Windows 10, Microsoft Core/Enterprise CAL Suites (Windows, Exchange, SharePoint CALs etc) as well as free online services such as Office 365 Education and Office 365 Professional Plus
- The simplicity of counting FTE employees just once per year
- Software Assurance; a powerful combination of benefits that include new version rights, the Home Use Program (HUP) and many other advantages including training resources for staff and students
- A broad selection of additional Microsoft software products that may be licensed in any quantity including servers and training/certification products such as Imagine Academy
- Free of charge access to the Imagine programme – providing Schools with tools and resources to enhance “Coding in the Curriculum”.
- Predictable annual payments with a one-year or three-year term option
- Simplified software licence management/compliance
What are the minimum requirements to participate?
- Customers with as few as five Full Time Equivalent (FTE) employees can participate
- Larger customers with a minimum of 1,000 FTE employees can enroll in the EES agreement
Why should you purchase now?
The Memorandum of Understanding between Microsoft and the Department for Education (DfE) allows all schools in the UK to take advantage of discounts and better licensing terms across a range of Microsoft academic software. Discounts, however, have been reducing since 1 July 2016 and will continue to be reduced further until 1 July 2018 when the agreements and therefore the discounts no longer apply. The next discount reduction will take place on 1 July 2017 when prices will increase for new customers – talk to your Phoenix Account Manager today about how your school could mitigate the effects of this next discount reduction.
Read the MoU between Microsoft and the Department of Education – https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/buying-for-schools-microsoft-memorandum-of-understanding
Why purchase from Phoenix?
Software licensing is at the heart of our business and we fully appreciate what a minefield it can be. Our highly-trained software advisors and product specialists are dedicated to providing you with reassurance and qualified guidance around the procurement and on-going management of your software estate. Many of our advisors have worked in the software industry and at Phoenix for more than 10 years, so they are well-equipped to support you on complex licensing matters. Our dedicated education licensing experts have more than 50 years of Microsoft licensing expertise between them so you can be assured that you will receive the best licensing guidance available in relation to Microsoft agreements for the academic sector.
Our aim is to use this deep knowledge and expertise to ensure you get the most out of your software estate, achieve an agile IT infrastructure that promotes business success and ensure that your staff & students enjoy the best of technology at a price the School can afford.
Our mission is to help you prepare for the future:now. We make it our business to know how the future of IT is evolving. We know what lies around the corner. Through all we do, our aim is to act as trusted advisors to inform, educate and deliver the best solutions to you.
With some of the industry’s highest accreditations and experience for value-added services in solution areas such as cloud, virtualisation, storage and data loss prevention, we have a world-class portfolio to offer. Our highly-trained Software Advisors and Consultancy and Support Services combine the best practice of leading industry methodologies with knowledge, skill and resource to bring the best in cost-effective IT operations to your School.
- Want to implement Office 365 but don’t have the expertise – we can help
- Want to migrate from Windows Server 2012 to Windows Server 2016 but don’t have the skills – we can help
- Want to use SCCM for updates/patch management but lack the technical knowledge – we can help
- Want to put backup and recovery in the cloud but don’t know where to start – we can help