Doesn’t Microsoft Take Care of Office 365 Backup?
Over the last year, we’ve seen a significant increase in the number of schools, colleges and universities moving from on-premise Exchange environments to Microsoft Office 365.
That move makes absolute sense, as it allows your staff to collaborate anywhere, anytime and on any device, from public, business or home networks, from any terminal, desktop, laptop, tablet or phone.
While this is very convenient, it can also represent a threat to your institutions data. While you can centrally manage security on the devices you own, it’s more difficult to extend your policies to personal equipment and networks. This is why it is so critical to ensure you are backing up Microsoft Office 365 – just look at some of the risks of not doing so:
- Accidental deletion: If you delete a user, whether you meant to or not, that deletion is replicated across the network. A backup can restore that user, either to on-premises Exchange or Office 365
- Retention policy gaps and confusion: Office 365 retention policies are hard to keep up with, let alone manage. A backup provides longer, more accessible retention all protected and stored in one place for easy recovery.
- Internal security threats: Many businesses are experiencing threats from the inside, and they are happening more often than you think. Having a high-grade recovery solution mitigates the risk of critical data being lost or destroyed.
- External security threats: Malware and viruses have done serious damage to organisations globally in just the past year alone. A backup can easily restore mailboxes to an instance before the attack.
- Legal and compliance requirements: Ensure you can retrieve mailbox data during legal action and to meet any regulatory compliance needs.
- Managing hybrid email deployments and migrations to Office 365: Whether you are migrating to Office 365 or have a blend of on-premises Exchange and Office 365 users, the exchange data should be managed and protected the same way, making the source location irrelevant.
Do you backup Office 365 in your institution?
With Office 365, it’s your data – you control it – and it is your responsibility to protect it. Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 eliminates the risk of losing access to your Office 365 data (email, calendar and contacts) and ensures availability to your users. Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 is the ‘#1 Backup and Recovery for Microsoft Office 365’ and enables you to:
- Securely backup Office 365 email data to any location
- Quickly restore individual mailbox items with granular recovery
- Efficiently perform eDiscovery of email archives
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 allows you to protect hybrid cloud environments as well as migrate mailbox data between Office 365 and on-premise Exchange.Learn More about Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365
The need for Office 365 Backup
With so many academic institutions making the move to Office 365, Phoenix Software has worked in partnership with Veeam to bring you exclusive pricing to ensure that you and your institution are fully protected.
We are now able to offer you 3 and 5-year subscription models for Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 and for each FTE licensed, Veeam will provide 10 student licences FREE OF CHARGE*.