Delivery of Applications – Anywhere, Anytime
Due to COVID-19, organisations have been forced to rapidly enable remote working and invest in their digital workspace. But it’s not too late to build the necessary digital foundation for the success of your investment.
Delivery of applications is a vital requirement for building a digital foundation. Employees want and expect to be able to access their work applications from anywhere, at any time. In this blog post we’ll be looking at why application delivery is so important for organisations and the solutions available to help you build an effective digital workplace.
Delivery of applications, why is it so important?
There are five critical requirements for a digital workspace, one of them is the ability to deliver any application through the digital workspace experience. “Any application, anytime, anywhere” is a big ask. It doesn’t just mean the latest mobile app on an Android or Apple device, but the 12-year-old Windows app, internally developed Java-based apps that no longer have an internal owner, or the old Excel app with macros that don’t work in recent versions of the program. It also means web apps delivered internally through complex and ever-changing VPN tools, or SaaS apps accessible from anywhere, but with passwords no one can remember.
Application delivery is important because an ever-increasing variety of applications and online services keep the wheels of an organisation turning. And when the applications do not work well, neither does the organisation and its employees. You can’t deliver an employee experience, if you can’t deliver all of the applications they need to get their job done. As soon as you begin to have caveats about what works some of the time, depending on how you are trying to connect, employees will go back to fending for themselves, and avoiding IT for new apps.
- Remote Work – Enable “anywhere organisations” to embrace a sustainable remote work strategy through a secure, scalable and unified digital infrastructure.
- Zero-Trust Security – Discover a modern, comprehensive and predictive approach to securing employees, apps, endpoints and networks.
- Employee Experience – Empower every employee with digital tools that give them seamless and secure access to what they need to be productive.
- Modern Management – Break through traditional management silos to securely manage modern operating systems from the cloud.
- Desktop & App Virtualisation – Transform traditional VDI with unprecedented simplicity, flexibility, speed and scale—all at lower cost.
VMware offer a number of IT solutions to help you build a digital foundation and offer your organisation a new way of working. Let’s have a look at some of these solutions:
- Workspace ONE – Simply and securely deliver and manage any app on any device with VMware Workspace ONE, an intelligence-driven digital workspace platform. Workspace ONE integrates access control, application management and multi-platform endpoint management into a single platform and is available as a cloud service or on-premise deployment.
- Workspace ONE Unified Endpoint Management – Reduce costs and improve security with modern, over-the-air management of every endpoint – including desktops, mobile, rugged, and IoT – and ensure enterprise security at every layer with Workspace ONE UEM, powered by AirWatch technology.
- Horizon – VMware Horizon is a modern platform for secure delivery of virtual desktops and apps across the hybrid cloud, from the market leader in software-defined data centre and digital workspaces. By leveraging unique integration with trusted VMware technology, Horizon helps IT efficiently deploy and scale virtual desktops and apps from a single control plane with rapid provisioning, automation and simplified management to extend the best digital workspace experience to end users.