Bring Digital Storytelling to the Classroom with The Edit
The Edit is a digital storytelling challenge to create a short video news report around climate change.Register for The Edit here
Sky and Adobe have teamed up to bring you this exciting challenge and competition. You will have the chance to use free Adobe video editing tools, and receive guidance from professionals and use inspirational Sky footage.
Climate change is redefining our world and there has never been a more important time to speak up and make a difference. Empower young people to shape their future and develop important digital skills with The Edit, brought to you by Adobe and Sky.
Register now for this fantastic digital storytelling challenge, perfect for media studies, English and distance learning, and a great way to improve the wellbeing of your learners – with a ‘direct to student’ offering and streamlined resources to better support educators teaching The Edit remotely.
- Build Digital & Soft Skills – Every young person who takes part will build digital skills that are essential for the future workplace, helping you meet Gatsby benchmarks: communication, creativity, collaboration, creative problem solving and critical thinking.
- Develop Media Literacy Skills – Students will make sense of the world around them by engaging critically with Sky News footage and other resources.
- Meet Gatsby Benchmarks – Tips and tricks from Sky professionals.
- Supporting educators – Tools and guidance to help you teach more creatively.
- Be The Change – They will use their new skills as a force for good, unleashing their creativity and adding their voice to the climate debate.
- Available to all – With professional Sky stock footage and free Adobe video editing tools available to use on a mobile, tablet or desktop, young people from all backgrounds can get involved.